A Private World: 25 Photographs by Paul Nash 1931-1946
Artist(s): Paul Nash
Number of Editions: 45
Print Size: Various: See Product Description
1 in stock
Twenty five photographs, selected by John Piper from Paul Nash’s original negatives, in an edition of 45 sets. The photographs were all taken by Paul Nash using a No. 2 Kodak camera, between 1931 and 1946. Each portfolio includes a special numbered catalogue containing an introduction by John Piper and notes on the photographs prepared by Clare Colvin.
The photographs have been printed on Kodak Veribom semi matte paper by David Lambert, London. They are each mounted and contained in a box.
Each photograph is blind stamped with the mark of Paul Nash Trustees and the Tate Gallery Archives department.
The negatives from which the photographs have been printed are lodged by the Paul Nash Trustees in the Tate Gallery Archives of Twentieth Century British Art in London.
This set is one of a limited edition of 45 printed in 1978.
The set includes the following images;
- 1. The White Horse, Uffington, Berkshire. 142mm x 302mm
- 2. The White Horse, Uffington, Berkshire. 175mm x 302mm
- 3. ‘Monster Field’, Carswall’s Farm, Newent, Gloucestershire. 170mm x 303mm
- 4. Object Trouve. 202mm x 302mm
- 5. Stone Post. 303mm x 160mm
- 6. Ploughed Field and Haystacks. 174mm x 303mm.
- 7. ‘Laocoon’, Carswall’s Farm, Newent, Gloucestershire. 193mm x 303mm
- 8. Cork Drying; France (1933) or Spain(1934). 171mm x 302mm
- 9. The Box Garden, Beckley Park, Oxfordshire.
- 10. Avebury Sentinel. 303mm x 173mm
- 11. Washing drying on the beach, Nice. 175mm x 302mm
- 12. Boat on the Shore, South of France. 201mm x 302mm
- 13. ‘Empty Market Stalls, Ceuta, Morocco’. 176mm x 302mm
- 14. The Bull Ring, Ronda, Spain. 182mm x 302mm
- 15. Bench Seats, Swanage. 173mm x 302mm
- 16. Boat, Atlantic. 193mm x 302mm
- 17. Chain and Net, John Nash’s home, Meadle, Berkshire. 302mm x 183mm
- 18. ‘Totems’, old shipyard, Rye harbour. 303mm x 203mm
- 19. Rock recessed in grass. 215mm x 301mm
- 20. Step Edge; below Nash’s garden at New House, Rye, Sussex. 177m x 302mm
- 21. Blue Pool, near Wareham, Dorset. 212mm x 302mm
- 22. Seashore and Steps, Swanage, Dorset. 175mm x 303mm
- 23. Maiden Castle, Dorset. 110mm x 302mm
- 24. Atlantic Voyage. 303mm x 182mm
- 25. Dead Tree, Romney Marsh. 302mm x 182mm